Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

17, Dad's New Friend, Slumming, First Show, and Tagging Along!

Well….we had a trip to Bismarck this past weekend and did something that we haven’t done since 2008- we went to Target! We were in shock! So many pretty things, so different than Wal-mart…oh niceness! However the main purpose of the trip was to celebrate my sister’s 17th birthday. I made an almost fat free dirt cake (the generic Oreos is what killed the fat free) and had a small get together with family. Dan and I gave Alaina some make up and NDSU pj pants but it was hard to compete with what Mom gave her, a personally crafted necklace that was our brand, which has been Alaina’s trademark for a long time. It’s nice to see her excited!

Dan further developed his farm roots—Dad and him worked on the feeder wagon and did chores together. According to my father, Dan is the only one that helps him, well at least Dad has one potential friend! :)

We watched Slumdog Millionaire tonight, we were both very surprised at how good it was. So on the DanandAmanda Movie scale I give it a 4(outta 5). I was impressed with the story within the story and the images that were portrayed revealing India’s slums.

This weekend is Mom’s Pampered Chef party. I’m still debating what I’m going to cook…I want it to turn out well and am nervous about my first party. I’ll keep you posted! Mom is doing well. I did see her cast this week and her impatience with it this weekend. Her cast and irritation reminds me of my experience with plaster. I hope she heals well and time passes quickly! She did get a black cast, I guess she really is celebrating her 50 year old debut…way to keep with a theme mom!

Dan will be having a ride along this week, this is the second guy he’s trained this year. He just found out this week that Mid Continent is dropping their contract with Fox. That means that he will get busy again so that people will be able to keep their American Idol and Viking Football!
Sorry no photos…I forgot to charge the batteries. I’m hoping that my mother emails some pics to me of the little girl at her party!

No comments:

Post a Comment