Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2021

8 years, weather change, breakfasts out

We celebrated a wedding anniversary. Matt and I joke often that we aren't the people we married. Meaning, he's not the man I married and vice versus - I'm not the woman he married. But to get deep in thoughts quick, we really aren't. Life has changed us. Kids have changed us. The world has changed us. We communicate differently, we have different triggers, different pet peeves, and styles or preferences. But here's where it gets important - we have grown together and instead of holding on to that person that we once were, we have accepted and cherished it. I can't expect him to be the boy I fell in love with and to be honest, I love that man I'm married to in a whole different way, one that is deep, true, forgiving, and playful. He is my person. He is my support system. He answers my call, loves me in spite of my flaws and sassitude, and makes me smile every single day. I think of the children that we are raising together and I've hoped for many things for them... hoped they are kind, tenacious, find happiness, and I continue to want those things for them but probably more than anything I hope that they find and receive love like I have/get from their father. 

We celebrated 8 years together pretty lowkey - we got things that we enjoy, pretzel bites, mussels, sushi, fish dip, and cooked them up together with the kids. As I sipped some great cider and listened to their laughter and chatter I realized that little circle, that I was a part of, was the best thing in my life.  

The week creeped by for the most part - we went on a bike ride. We did the school scene. We had the last hot day of the year (we are guessing). We put on suits and had one shot at the river/dessert - the chill cut a bit more in the air than it had in the past but that didn't stop them from having fun. 

We had some breakfasts out too - Saturday was at the zoo, Sunday was at the airport. Saturday night we headed to Wes and Kristi's for a potential final smore of the season. That was after a day of cleaning - Matt and I went through the garage and worked to organize. There were a lot of things that went out to the curb - which was intentional as it was powwow weekend. We were able to get rid of a TON of things and it felt good to clean a bit more out. 


EER: How do you spell "Free"?
Thinking he heard her wrong, MJR: Free or three?
EER: Free, like grab what you want? F - R - E - E?
MJR: Free, yes, very good!
ALR: Did you see that out on that table?
EER: Yes.
ALR: Good reading!

Grady drawing a family pic.. in order from top (L-R): Matt, me, Lola, Grady, Eleanor, and Ainsley (Green one with less hair) We are at the river. 


No comments:

Post a Comment