Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Final ride, Selling Coffee, vocab

The nights are getting darker quicker and snow is coming, you can just feel it. I'm not ready. The trees aren't ready. The kids think they are ready but they aren't ready. We have been working on raking leaves. I've raked quite a few as we go for a couple reasons, to stay up on it and to also give them a pile to jump into. I had to laugh the other day when I looked out at the pile I made in the front yard. This pile could easily fit all three kids. Sitting in the middle was a little girl that I'd never seen before. An adult watched her play and I just chuckled. Obviously, there is something irresistible about a giant leave pile. 

Matt's been busy at the airport, there's been a few guys out with contacts or sickness. He's been pulling extra shifts to ensure the work is covered. I feel for him as I know he's running himself rough. In my eyes, he's the glue to so many places and I admire how he takes it on and figures out how to make everything work. 

We've been working with Eleanor to sell coffee for school, it's been rough going. The sales pitch is never consistent and she's a bit rocking in the ask. I giver her props for trying but man, preschool fundraisers are RUFFF. Preschool has been changing her life. I see her thinking about things, making letter sounds, and I watched her build the other day. She's built cities before but what she came up with looked so good. I also like seeing the pride she has in things that she's worked on. Matt is scared for the first time she comes home and loses some innocence but I'm scared for the day when she gets self-conscious of her work. 

We may have taken the last bike ride of the year too. I think Ains likes riding in the rickshaw alone and E has really embraced riding her pedal bike. I'll admit, I was a bit concerned when she first started as it was frustrating for her and I together to try to figure it all out but the other day she just started going. She seems to get a bit caught up sometimes and still wants to treat it like her glider bike OR she gets very agitated when Grady pulls out in front of her but she's doing so well. I anticipate next summer her figuring out how to use her brake a bit more versus using her shoes and feet to come to a stop. 


Kim and Scraper sent a box of dress-up clothes to our house... this is a favorite among my kids - especially E right now. She had a blast looking through them all. G liked the box that they came in!

Ains's words are starting to come and everything those other two do, she wants to do. They fill their cup up with water. She insists on filling her. They bang on the table and get in trouble. She bangs on the table and gets in trouble. She's easily at 20 words just in time for the milestone. Her greetings are probably my favorite. 

After bath...
ALR: Okay, say goodnight to everyone.
ARR: (kissing sounds)
ARR to EER: (kiss)
EER: Good night my little kitten baby pie.
ARR to GRR: (Hug, where GRR hugs ARR's Face to his chest... if you listen closely you may hear her kissy sounds in his chest)
ARR to MJR: (kiss)
ALR picks up ARR: Okay, good night everyone.
ARR: NIGH-NIGH! NIGH NIGH! (wave ensues)



No comments:

Post a Comment