Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Melt, One Month, Meltdown

The snow is beginning to melt... it could mean spring is actually on its way. I'm scared to hold my breath.

Randy and Michele were down this past weekend to spend some time with the kids. They spent some time in the backyard and we took them for a walk at the zoo too. They insisted that Matt and I go out too - so we headed downtown and took in a few places that we'd heard about, including Edwinton Brew and Anima Cucina - it was weird to be out without the kids! Had appetizers at the Brewery and dessert at the Italian restaurant.

It's hard to believe Ainsley is 1 month old. We are still working on understanding a schedule of any sorts - she will sleep really well from midnight to 5 but getting her to go down is an act of congress!
Matt has started grilling and with that, I've been letting the kids go out on the deck with him - they think it's great. I don't know who is more excited to be out in the fresh air. We've also dug their cars out from storage. E had a bit of a meltdown that we think they are big enough to drive/Fred Flintstone themselves. We are working through it.

 Everyone getting ready to leave in the morning.
MJR: Eleanor, let's put on your HelloKitty shoes and go.
EER: I want to wear my boots.
MJR: Eleanor, let's put on your shoes.
EER: Dad, I can't wear them.
MJR: Why?
EER: My shoes are full of mud, I can't wear them.
MJR looks at them. There is not a speck of mud on them.
MJR: There isn't any mud on them.
EER: YES, FULL of mud.
Takes shoes out of MJR's hand and throws them down the hall to the laundry room.
EER: I will wear my boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment