Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Snow, Glands, "progress"

It's been a week.
It started with snow shoveling, which is fine. E thinks it's great. G is better about it but still not sure. Both kids would do better with it if they left their mittens on!

Then the week had a turn - Matt came down with something and ended up staying home for a couple days to get over the chills, cough, and whatever else was keeping him down. We had taken E in on Wednesday to see the doctor for some minor bumps we wanted clarity on but then Friday came. G had some other type of bums that we thought should be looked at but that wasn't the "star" of the show. The side of his face had become red and swollen. They did lab work and an ultrasound to tell us that he had infected glands. We were lucky - no hospital admittance or surgery but another antibiotic to attempt to take care of the infection. I'm all about meeting my deductible this year, but not in the first week!

Pick-up update - there isn't one. Still at the shop. We are over $10K worth of damage now.
Room update - Matt and I took down all the wallpaper in the room - this wasn't a NEED to do but an opportunity of the moment, figured it was easier to do it was a blank, empty room. He and his crew of 1 then worked all of Saturday to put up the sheetrock. Turns out that builder didn't use standard size sheetrock - so they ended up putting it up twice.

I'll take a better, more productive week, thank you. I did get a lot of the baby clothes sorted through and boxes into the system I was hoping for. That came with help from my parents - Dad helped Matt demo and prep the room while Mom and I worked through some of the boxes and boxes of baby stuff. I kept going and now just need some space to set up to prep.

MJR: I have an important job for you.
EER: Important job!
MJR: You are going to get all the screws I take out and put them in this tray.
EER: Important job!
10 minutes later.
EER: GIVE. ME. THE. SCREWS.
ALR heads downstairs
ALR: You and your team doing okay?
MJR: This is not my team, she is a dictator.
EER: Momma - I have important job!


No comments:

Post a Comment