Pages

Monday, November 26, 2018

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Salt Dough

MJR: Did you finish the first chapter of that book yet?
ALR: No. Summarize it for me.
MJR: We need to start helping her identify her feelings and encourage identification and using words.
ALR: Makes sense.
2 days later.
EER makes "breakfast" in her kitchen, has it laid out all over her entire play table.
EER walks off to play with the lego train
GRR walks up to breakfast table.
EER screams
ALR: Eleanor, you are mad but let's use our words tell Grady that you'd prefer if he didn't play with your breakfast.
EER: GET OUT GAE-Y!
MJR: Well, that was close.
GRR doesn't move.
EER gives GRR the stare down.
Takes arm and does a clean swoop across the front half of the breakfast table.
ALR: Eleanor, that's not how we play.
MJR has lost control.
ALR: Keep it together, Remynse. You aren't helping the situation.
MJR continues to chuckle.

I'm sick of our house being sick. Last week it was pink eye and ear infections. This week I get the flu and then we end this last week with the same go around of pink eye and ear infections. Ugh. 

We had Thanksgiving this week at Eric and Amanda's house. It was a nice day and I was a little nervous about the kids wreaking havoc on their place and animals but they did real well. First Thanksgiving that I've ever been at that had squirrel as a potential protein - I can't say I partook but everything else was really good. E enjoyed the family review of the black friday ads.
But barely made it out of town before she crashed.

Friday was the day Matt's glory day... he's been looking forward to it since last year's black friday. He takes the kids and goes off in the morning in pursuit of "good deals." He had a few recruits with him this year as he took his parents. I have a feeling his mother enjoyed it more than his father but they all walked away with items. I'm not quite sure why the man that won't go into Walmart because of the people likes to take on the throngs of people on Black Friday but who am I to sit and judge from the sidelines. He was pretty pumped to show me the haul that they achieved that night after the kids went to bed. I did get a pre-show fashion show from him and Grady.

Saturday and Sunday were lowkey compared to Thursday and Friday. Saturday was some time with Grandma and Grandpa while Matt and I debated about the nursery. We've been slowly making the change over to empty the nursery. We also had my cousin's family over on Saturday night for pizza, E did okay playing with them. We are still working on how to play together, skills that need a bit of work.

Sunday, we started doing some holiday things. I started getting holiday totes out and also started
hauling out kids clothes. I didn't realize how much kids clothes
we've had/been storing until I start dragging it all out to sort and organize for the new baby. Nothing like overwhelming me a little that this baby is coming.

Eating lunch.
ALR puts ketchup on her plate for her corn dog.
EER: I want some of dat.
MJR attempting to negate the situation with logic: You don't have a corn dog, you have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and soup - what are you going to put with the ketchup?
EER points to compartment on her tray: Right here.
MJR: No, what are you going to dunk in the ketchup?
EER: My sandwich.
MJR puts ketchup in allotted compartment: I don't think you are going to like it. 
EER dunks ketchup, seems content with this flavor profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment