Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Leaves, Ceiling Lights


The kids are getting autonomous. At one point this week, they were actually playing both quietly... alone and for like 7 or 8 minutes. We've busted them playing "together" but that's not always harmonious and ends up with pushing, poking, hair pulling, clothes pulling, and the occasional unwanted bite. It's better than when Grady plays alone tho - his new favorite game is to crawl on the couch and run around. Why this is exceptionally fun is he knows he's not supposed to be doing it. So he laughs and laughs.
 
The weekend finally had a break in the weather. The sun came out and we actually could spend some time outside and raked some leaves. E caught on pretty quick, G didn't care. They played in the leaves until we found a turtle in the window well that was part of the Remynse catch-and-release program.
The rest of the weekend was pretty lowkey. The kids are loving the apples that are easily accessible to them in the garage - like a grab and go snack. It really has become a pick your battle thing. When we had lunch on Saturday, Grady wouldn't even set his down. It was like he figured if he set it down it would be gone forever so he ate and drank only with his left hand while his apple was death gripped in his right. On Sunday, I went out to work cows with Mom and Dad. It was fricken cold and the blowing wind and the friggin snow didn't do anything to make it feel warmer. Ugh.

I get home to a big hole in my ceiling. I was only gone a few hours. Like 6, 7 hours tops. Matt determined it was time to take a look at the kitchen light as he was concerned. At least the new one went up rather quick.


MJR: Well, I found out some things about our children today.
ALR: Oh?
MJR: Eleanor either hates or is scared of camouflage and Grady doesn't like when I'm up on a ladder.
ALR: How do you know she hates or is scared of camo?
MJR: I was cleaning up my hunting stuff and every time I'd put something with camo on...she'd yell and scream and tell me to take it off.
ALR: I don't blame her. And the ladder?
MJR: Well, I was working on the light and I had Grady in his chair facing me. Every time I'd get up on the ladder, he would scream at me.
ALR: What did you do?
MJR: Get down and talk to him hoping he'd forget.
ALR: Did he?
MJR: Not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment