Pages

Saturday, November 25, 2017

The one with the Chicken and Black Friday

I was driving to work the other day and said to myself (and Grady) "oh my gosh, Thanksgiving is less than a week away." I'm not sure where November, this fall, or this year have gone but the holiday really snuck up on me. I like Thanksgiving.. it's a glutton's holiday full of reflection and lounging. I like the comfort food and the idea of being with your family. This year was no exception,for us it actually started the day before as daycare had a Thanksgiving meal that Matt accompanied Eleanor to.

On Thursday, after watching the parade, we were at the farm this year and the weather was record breaking... we actually took off Eleanor's coat while playing outside because it was too warm. We ate - Eleanor was okay with the ham, not into the chicken, but enjoyed Grandpa's pumpkin pie. We went outside and played a bit - attempted to pet a cow and ride in the tractor then we came in as some of us had to take naps, read the Sunday paper and planned/discussed upcoming Christmas. We finished the day with supper, discussion, and Eleanor playing in her new kitchen that Grandma had gotten for her. When we got in the pickup, I couldn't help but agree with Matt when he said what a nice day it was.
The next day (Black Friday) I went in to work, Matt stayed home with both kids - but only for awhile because he had big plans. He took both of them Black Friday shopping... he likes the chase and the big deals and the crowds and his little companions were game for it all too. I think he's crazy but it did make me smile.

MJR and ALR laying in bed
ALR: Did you have a good day?
MJR: yes, I had fun with them. People asked me if it was a two for one special and told me that they were cute.
ALR smiles
MJR: I know it's tough to take them black Friday shopping but it's only going to get easier.
ALR: Easier? I'm going to ask you that next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment