Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2017

The one with the Fall Things

Sadly, I know my maternity leave is nearing an end. This one has been very different from Eleanor's maternity leave because I've struggled with my health different than with her. She was a good baby but required more attention OR I was a mother who had had no clue what to expect and the transition wasn't as easy as I would have liked to admit. With him I've had more visits to the clinic for checks on myself... and stuff that I wouldn't have expected, like the outer and inner ear infection. Either way, I'm not sure about returning to work because now my attention will be further divided but it is nice to feel some self purpose at work. Grady will come to work with me, at least til the end of the year but I have a feeling my boss will not let me sleep when baby sleep or be too inclined to play "where's your smile" like I've been doing at my leisure.
This week, we tried to soak up the fall days. We went out with Eleanor and she experienced her first leave raking. She wasn't too sure about it! Her dad thought she was too dressed up for leaving with her fancy peacoat and her fancy boots but I had to do it! She helped push the collector, she swept them off the deck with me, and we did a final collection and snacking of all the garden items.

I also was honored this week by the Center for Nursing as a Champion of Nurses. They had their annual conference and gala, where they give out their awards. This was the first time they gave out this category. Myself and Sen. Mathern won the award and it was an honor to be considered even, especially when I found out I was nominated by the Center's assistant director.

The weekend was a bit more fall activities... Matt and Eleanor carved her first Halloween pumpkin. Grady and I watched and took pics and enjoyed the show. She loved it. I thought for sure she'd watch for 2 minutes and be done... she was involved for the whole process. She knew we were keeping the seeds and like to dig out the gunk and even her and Dad snacked on some of the pumpkin flesh. The only thing she didn't like was when the pumpkin goo got on her chair and she ended up stepping on it!
EER has random babbling
ALR: What did you hear.
MJR: I'm outta here.
ALR: That's what I heard.
MJR: That's the fun part of right now is guessing what she is saying. It's like a game "Guess What Eleanor Says"
EER: whatev
  
MJR swears about something.
ALR hears him as she walks into kitchen
ALR: You really need to watch yourself as someone is picking up on things.
MJR: I know, I know. 
Conversation continues on things
30 seconds laters
EER walks into kitchen
EER: $h!t butt
MJR looks at ALR: I really need to start watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment