Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2017

The one with the 4th and the 34th.

OKay - so we suck... yes, we do. Wannah know how you suck and you get older. You have to almost remind yourself of major life events because otherwise you'll skip over them and forget they exist nd eat meatloaf instead of giving them their proper due.


In the past week, we've had two major happenings... our fourth anniversary as well as Matt's thirty fourth birthday. These aren't little events like the anniversary of our first dental filling. These are major milestones worth acknowledging, worth doing a little something special for. What do we do... glaze over them so caught up in the basic functioning of life. It was so bad that Matt completely forgot about his own birthday and seemed dumbfounded when I asked if he wanted to go out somewhere to eat instead of having meatloaf as he had suggested when we began meal planning. To make matters worse, I've been somewhat landlocked at the house due to lifting restrictions that I hadn't been able to get a card or a proper gift from myself. The kids got him a Sioux flag (with my help) and I suppose I could have taken credit for it but it was the plan for awhile for them to give it.

This weekend, Matt worked on finishing another phase of the runway project. The original plan was for him to have to be at the airport for an overnight so we had Randy and Michele come down to help with Eleanor because I'm still limited on my restrictions. The fall weather (and Hurricane Irma) has sunk in and the rain came as a soaker, messing with the construction plans. It did give Matt the opportunity to plan a wonderful family night. He had his parents and invited Eric and his girlfriend as well as my parents for supper. Eleanor had so many people to entertain! She did her best and was in full form! Matt smoked a brisket, Michele added the sides, and my mother supplied the desserts. It was a really nice night.

EER reading with Grandpa Randy
Grandpa Randy: Dance with the Cow, Skip with the mice
EER flips page
Grandpa Randy: You didn't let me finish that page, that wasn't nice.
EER flips 2 more pages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment