Pages

Friday, June 9, 2017

The one with the room remodels

After getting back from vacation... we slowed down a a bit... for a couple reasons. All of us were tired after going straight for a couple days and we also needed to prep for Matt to leave for a week to go to Providence for "work."

The big things that we got done that I wanted done was to work on Eleanor's new room and start working on Second's revised nursery. Matt had a vision for the new nursery and I wanted Eleanor's room like her nursery so it was pretty easy to get started. I helped paint a bit the nice part is that with his room, we only had 2 walls to paint. We did a lot of the work while our "little helper" was sleeping but she insisted on helping some of the times. It did break my heart the first time she walked into the old nursery and was shocked that her crib was gone. In the same sense, she walked into her new room and immediately pointed at the pictures that had gone up!
Just having her room done was a big sigh of relief for me. I wanted her in and comfortable well before he comes in August so she was aware of her space and her toys. I'm probably silly in thinking she's aware or cares.

We spent the weekend playing a bit around the house. It had gotten really hot so we even set up her water table/pool and let her play a bit. Matt and I even had a camp fire and I enjoyed my first s'more of the season. 

During Matt's week of leave things were pretty lowkey for Eleanor and I... we had ham steaks and broccoli, sweet potatoes and hot dogs... some high culinary standards. We were glad on Thursday when Matt came home that afternoon! 
ALR: Hey, how was your day?
MJR: Great! We are at a seafood place right now.
ALR: Well, that's good.
MJR begins to go into detail about what he ate.
ALR listens attempting to not be irritated: That's nice. I had a bowl of coco puffs and a hot dog after I picked carrots up off the floor. 
MJR: oh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment