Pages

Friday, November 25, 2016

Beholden (bih hohlduh n)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Baby's first Thanksgiving! We spent the holiday in Lansford with Michele, Randy, and Eric. This was the first holiday I've spent with Eric since being in the family and I know him being there meant so much to Michele. The day started off with the parade with the grand finale being Santa's arrival.

The dinner was amazing. Matt smoked a turkey. Michele made Randy a roasted turkey, two different styles of green beans, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, Grandma Lee's fruit salad, and I supplied the cranberry chutney.

Eleanor had her first bite of meat... my dad would be so disappointed to find out that it's not beef but instead turkey because she had to have turkey on Thanksgiving! She really enjoyed having dinner with us and it was fun to sit down as a family of to take it all in. I love Thanksgiving... growing up I never understood why it was a big deal to my mother, but now I understand... it's not about anything but food and family... my two favorite things.

Best meal: Michele did an amazing job with the meal from start to finish... the pies were so good - everything made me happy and full. I could eat a whole tray of stuffing myself!

Michele: Look, Eleanor, it's SANTA!
MJR: Mom, she doesn't know who Santa is.
Michele: Well, I'm showing her, it's him right there... SANTA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment