Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Buying and Selling!

Things are picking up for us. I feel like we are going in a million directions all at once. We’ve had a crazy two weeks. We started it off right though…at the lake with the Petroffs. They are a couple that has been experiencing life at the same pace that we are. They got engaged about the same time that we did, we planned weddings together, purchased houses at similar times, and it was great to get out on the water with them. Matt managed to be the fisher of the group while Shantelle and I caught up and caught some sun. It was a wonderful weekend and cooking was amazing….I think it took 2 days for me to be unfull!
This past week was full of houses. We went to three more sessions of showings…I’ll admit that I lost track of our houses that we hunted but figure we had to be about at 15…but really didn’t need to get past 3 as we’ve put an offer in on a house, the third one that we looked at. It’s been accepted and we are set to close the first part of October. I’ll admit I may have known it was the one when we walked into it as it had that similar feeling that I got when I stepped into Hillside Drive. Open floorplan, faulted ceilings, the fireplace, the patio, the masterbath with walk-in closets, and it has a place for the camper. It doesn’t hurt that it’s on a lake and we can envision ourselves in a paddleboat complete with fishing trips and broom ball/hockey. After moving 6 times in the past 4 years….I’m ready to be done, settled, and planning a future.

Now it’s just getting all the stuff to Bismarck and into the house. We took another big step in that direction this past weekend. We hauled another load back on Sunday. We have completely packed the storage unit. We may be able to fit 3 or 4 more things in it…if they are small and thin and boxes or snow shovels…but the patio set will sit at the farm until it goes to Cottonwood as will the grills and our pictures off the wall. Our whole world is jam packed into a 10x30foot storage unit.
We also took in my cousin’s wedding on Saturday. This was her second wedding and I was blessed to be in her first and to compare them mentally, it was almost night and day. She still looked beautiful but the simplicity and basics behind what was done made me realize that as we grow up it doesn’t matter what the colors are, the center pieces, or tuxes or not…what does matter is who is waiting at the end of the aisle. Granted, I’ve never seen a grand march with the bride and groom riding on toilet thrones, but it was nice to see Heather happy. Was also nice to catch up with other family, the Stollers, who had come from Madison.
 
Letters from Nike:
Dear Matt, my B.F.F.,
Staying at Grandma's and Grandpa's is fine. Only fine....they think they can put me on a diet. So I got my own food. I brought home a rabbit. Life was great. Until they saw it. Not only did they think they had to take the rabbit away from me, but they also thought they should go out and catch a 28" long walleye. How'd they have felt if I took away their fish.
I guess I'm irritated. Tell Amanda and those other two cats that I don't miss them.
Love you and think of you every day, Nike.
Best meal: Gotta admit that Shantelle and Rick know how to make a camping meal between the huge steaks, the vegetable packs, and the appetizers...almost needed to take a long walk when we were done.
 
Staring at the storage unit, which is taller than Matt.
MJR: Hope you don't need anything from there.
ALR: I don't think I have the option.
MJR: Nope. Not even a little.
MJR: See you all in October. (Closes door and puts the lock on)

No comments:

Post a Comment