Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Winter Weekend.

Coming to the end of February and it actually looks like winter isn’t going to miss us this year. Last week at this time, I was enjoying the brown grass, the clean roads, the lighter MDU bill…all of this has gone by the wayside. I had to SHOVEL this past weekend, three times. Are you kidding me!

Came off a great weekend into a long busy week. I did get to kinda start the weekend early though as Matt picked me up on Thursday night and we went off to Minot. He had fire school and I worked from the Minot office. My day was pretty great…started it off with amazing bagels (lox, cream cheese, capers), had Japanese for lunch and a special drop-in visit from my favorite fire fighter on break. We double dated with a co-worker of mine to the Minotauros hockey game! Not too bad, they lost but it was fun to see the community support!

The storm started to blow in Saturday night dumping 8 inches on Minot. I was glad that I was not driving or digging out the car. When we got back to Bismarck, there was only 3 inches, so I’ll consider myself lucky!

I also had to buy a vacuum. Upon much reading, thinking, and talking around, I got a Dyson Animal. It was fine, until we went through the first pass on the floor. EWWWWW!!! I could have made a sandbox or another cat with all the yuck that was in the canister!

Overall a good weekend, despite the snow and cold…and now I can cross “staying at the world’s biggest Sleep Inn” off my list!

Best Meal of the Week: It was definitely a bagel week. The Lox bagels were amazing but so was the bagels from Big Apple Bagel, which we had before we left Minot. Don’t make me choose!

"And finally Winter, with its bitin', whinin' wind, and all the land will be mantled with snow."-Roy Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment