Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

I Hate that it Gets Dark at 3:30pm. Boo.

The days are getting shorter and a bit colder. Hard to believe we are looking at the front side of the holiday season. At work we’ve been planning Ladies Night Out. It’s a downtown shop local campaign that supports Dickinson businesses. Last year when we started the event, I had hoped for 100 shoppers but was surprised that we ran out of stockings after giving out 300. This year I hope to get a least that, but would love to see 500! We’ve got almost 40 businesses involved! It’s fun to see the event start to come together!

On Thursday it was Veteran’s Day and I spent it in Bismarck doing some errands but I also got to spend some time with the family. Can’t believe I haven’t hardly seen them in months! Alaina is getting ready to go to Denver in January to represent ND at national horse judging. Her and mom are going and spending a few days. I’m excited for her as she gets to ride on an airplane and experience another piece of the world. Dad is combining corn with his fancy new combine. I believe I will actually get to spend some time with them on Thanksgiving! Hooray!

This past weekend, I had a friend from Minot come down, Scott. We spent a little time out on Friday night but on Saturday took in the craft show and then I teamed up with Aubrey and he teamed up with Ryan for a little friendly competition of taboo. What a hoot! I got to admit that even though the girl team started off strong but we lost at the end of the night by 6 points.

This next week I’ll make a trip to Fargo to see Janie. The week after is Thanksgiving and Cousin Kate’s wedding. Then Ladies Night Out and then possibly a trip to Fargo with the girls to blow off some steam! There are some things to look forward to!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely LOTS to look forward to! Love you - Mom

    ReplyDelete