Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

100 posts and a golden birthday-It's all a learning process.

This is the 100th blog. A lot has happened since Jan 1, 2009 when I started this blog. A lot of things have changed, my age, my roommate, furniture, flooring, walls…the list goes on but the biggest change is my mindset. We all go through these waves of past, present, and future and trying to smash them all together can be hard and dangerous.

My golden birthday was this past week. I spent it with my mother, Aunt Janice, and 2 of the greatest friends a girl could have. These people have seen me at my best and accepted me at my worst. It was a great weekend filled with a ton of laughs. I also appreciate those that wished me well and thought of me. I am blessed to have a great support structure, my own personal army.


Things I have learned since I started the blog:
1. Things happen without you watching
2. It snows in Dickinson
3. Little things can make a big deal
4. You build the relationships you need then you build the ones you want
5. Sometimes the past should stay in the past
6. Living on the corner lot isn’t a walk in the park
7. Looking for passion isn’t easy and if you don’t try things, you won’t know
8. Live in the moment (I’m still working at application)
9. I’m a cat person
10. Leadership can be hard
11. The world is a huge place that I want to see a little bit at a time
12. You have the ability to raise people, if you want to by just giving a little more than expected.

I have three years before my thirtieth birthday. I plan on shaking some things up in my life. I’m not sure where and how right now but it will come together, one day at a time. I’ll work on crossing more of my wishhope list and working towards my happiness.

Happy Golden Birthday to Me. Thank you to those that have impacted me life.

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome and thank you for inviting me along on your celebration. I was there in the beginning and it was great fun then too. This time I didn't hurt as bad and I could have alcohol! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete