Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Brass Doggies $7, Spanish Dictionary $1, Piece of Mind $.50,

We have survived the rummage sale. Hmmm…it was my first official and I learned some lessons. Lesson #1, do as little labeling as possible, #2-work in pairs, #3-you aren’t going to make what you hoped, #4-some things are hard to watch walk away but in the grand scheme of life-do you need it, #5-put an ad in the paper, #6-there are people out there that will amaze you! I am proud to say that I sold a lot of things…Janice’s roller skates, Jerry’s roller blades, an old bed frame, ‘the pool’, blinds, some clothes, VHS movies, knick knacks, and more…..it was amazing what we thought would go away quick and what actually did! I’m proud to say that I officially have my garage back! Hooray!

Other things worth mentioning….Dan has had that cooking spirit lately and I’m loving every minute. This week he made manicotti, ravioli, sloppy joes, and a Guinness roast. He wasn’t happy with how the roast turned out, so he’s going to try it again this Friday. I won’t complain! The only bad thing is that since he was prepping the feast he cut his finger really badly. The worst part is that it’s right on the tip making working not too much fun!

This week I was really busy at work, we haven’t filled the assistant staff position yet. I had a Partners Gathering, which is basically the organizations involved with community development sent representatives from communities and their organization to talk about leadership development, community vision, and mobilizing resources. We had 25 individuals come to this invite-only event and we were impressed with the caliber of conversation. Something like this had never been done, so we weren’t sure what to expect.
Because we brought our consultant from Nebraska up, we also took care of other actions/work that was happening in other communities. We made a trip up to Killdeer and we visited the Buckskin. I had a sirloin that wasn’t too bad! When I was in Lincoln, he took me to such wonderful places, it’s hard to compete with our limited resources.

Dan officially said good bye to Chris this week. It was hard to think do and we will be thinking about him, and others that we know that went with. Krista Glanville (Amy I’s sister) is another one that we hope will come home soon. She has a husband and little boy that she shouldn’t be apart from. The only positive thing about the situation is that it is Kosovo versus Iraq or Afghanistan.

TO end on a good note, we are extremely happy for my cousin Wes and Kristi, who have been together for-E-ver! They announced their engagement on Saturday night. I thought it was very timely and went shopping through the rummage sale remains! Good thing for them Jerry’s shoe-shine box was sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment